Motherhood


The most challenging yet fulfilling aspect of my life so far...


Monday, November 19, 2007

9 Months

I don't think that time has ever moved so quickly. Its hard to believe we are reaching 9 months as a new family. And never before has the truth of constant change been so apparent. Nothing remains the same, not even for a moment.

We spent 3 weeks travelling around California; Palm Springs, Joshua Tree, Solvang and the gorgeous and warm beaches. ahhh. We went to Las Vegas and spent some time with relatives. The trip was ultra budget, so we ate alot of cheapo Mexi food, camped and stayed at relatives places. We encountered the wild fires in Southern Cali, experienced an earthquake at Sally and Keiths (near San Fran) and drove into the middle of a horrifying lightening/thunderstorm/tornado. The United States is a scary place and I now understand why they are all so damned scared. Just joking...haha. Anyway. It was a great trip and I can't wait to go down there again. Jonas was a great little road tripper.
We left Canada with a toothless cutie pie and came back with a teething two toothed mad child crawler!

We are in the midst of our little guy transitioning from 7pm to 7am night sleeper and three 1.5 hour day napper to a totally active 10-12 hour sleeper with two naps a day wild child. Jonas is ridding himself of his early morning nap and getting into a later morning nap and afternoon nap. Its as if he doesn't want to miss a single thing. Sometimes he will sleep for only 20 minutes and then awaken FULLY recharged.

I absolutely LOVE my newly mobile boy. He climbs the stairs, enjoys Downward dog yoga positions and is beginning to surf the furniture. His face brightens when he sees any animal, but especially Grey the Cat and Bower the Dog. He loves his books more than ever and delights in turning the pages. He loves to crawl after the balls that he pushes forward. He loves his blocks and rattles. He has the most adorable seat dance in the world - when I turn on some music he rocks out big time. He is a great talker and singer. He has a new wooden puzzle which he loves to pull apart and eat.

Speaking of eating, Jonas loves his food. It doesn't seem like the is anything yet that he doesn't like. His nursing has gone done quite abit and my breasts are returning to a nice size. He only feeds when falling asleep at nap time or at night. Often when he nurses at night, he will roll into his dad to fall asleep. It is very sweet.

Jordan seems to have the upper hand at getting Jonas to sleep at nap time lately. He holds Jonas firmly and walks around the house. Jonas fall asleep quickly. I have been planting trees at the woodlot recently, so sometimes I am away from Jonas for 5 or 6 hours! He seems to be doing fine but I also notice for the first time he has become more clingy to me. I am fine with that and therefor spend lots of quality time with Jonas after work, singing, reading and playing with him. I only have a day or two left and the trees will be finished and then all will be back to regular routine.

I have tried not to get too caught up in thinking about baby number two and when and if it Will actually happen. I try not to think to far into the future and past as I am trying to be conscious of being fully present in each moment. Its a hard task, but its something that I am trying to stay aware of. BUT I have been brought back to the question of another baby because a couple of days ago my period finally showed up after a year and a half. I was very celebratory and abit giddy that day. It felt good. I felt like I was normalizing again. I also thought that there is the chance that I could now probably get pregnant again. For the moment I think that I will just enjoy the transition into my normal self pre pregnancy. For awhile anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Jonas is a joy to be around! Be thankful that your period waited this long to come back. Nate is 9 weeks and I am having my period for the second time. Talk about back to "normal" eh! I hope you'll share more of you pics from your trip - it sounds like it was great.