Motherhood


The most challenging yet fulfilling aspect of my life so far...


Sunday, March 11, 2007

Two Weeks

It's been just over two weeks since your arrival and yet it feels alot longer. Getting to know you, learning about you and bonding with you has taken up all of our time!



You were born content and aware. Your little kitten noises intensified to your first cry on our third night together, when my milk came in. You are a big big feeder. You love nursing. You are a vigorous eater around the clock and your rapid weight gain is a result of your every two hour feedings (sometimes more!). You started out at 6lbs 14oz and by two weeks you were 7lbs 12oz. phew, that was alot of work for both of us! I am very dedicated to nursing you, but I am quite sore still...with your intense sucking. But we are working on that.


The midwives have come to visit you and I several times now. As you can see in the picture below, your arms are very active and they get you really excited sometimes. This is why we have to swaddle you so much; your dad is a master at swaddling. Also, this is the midwife who caught you!


Although you sleep most of the time, we have discovered some things you enjoy while you are awake. You love hanging out on your belly and you love to push with your feet against my hands.





You also love to bathe with your dad. This is your first bath. Look at those wild hands!


We are new parents and are totally thankful that you have had so much patience with us. You don't cry much and when you do it is a little shriek to be fed! And then louder if we haven't heard. I do feel like a milking station and its abit frustrating especially with the sore nipples, but that will pass and I am hoping to enjoy it more as time goes on.
We are all abit tired and we all like to sleep together in the big bed.


So, dear Jonas, this is a recording of your early life. As my mother did for me and her mother for her, I will continue the tradition of baby book making, modern style. It will begin as a blog so that our friends and family can keep updated - but eventually I will print it out into a book and give it to you so that you can one day enjoy it and share it with the people close to you. This is the beginning of your precious and incredible life. We love you.


2 comments:

lisalou said...

Hw is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
cute! And so long! I am sorry your boobies are sre. I hope that he doesn'r suck them right off!

Kathleen said...

He's so lovely!!! I got a bit teary reading your blog.
BTW. Do you mind if I add your blog to my blogs of interest?