Motherhood


The most challenging yet fulfilling aspect of my life so far...


Monday, September 10, 2007

Sleep, Play, Eat All Day Long...


I may have mentioned this in an earlier blog, but we have really entered into a whole new stage with Jonas. Although I did enjoy the first 6 months - it was tough at times. Transitioning into motherhood, feeding all the time etc...

We are at an amazing time in Jonas's development. All senses are going strong and Jonas explores/plays all day long. He is too active to breastfeed for long, except if he is going down for a nap. He does take the time to sit and eat some solids, 3 times a day to be exact. Nothing too exciting yet, just applesauce and root veggies and some peas. He also likes to eat pieces of rice and puffed millet. He prefers a cup of tea or water while he eats at his high chair. No interest in feeding himself as of yet.

He loves his own room. He takes his 3 naps each day on his bed no problem - of course still falling asleep at the breast. And yes, I have been told that feeding him to sleep at the breast is a badbad habit, but, hey, it works so well for us. I think I am gonna go on my tuition on that one.

I love it when I check up on him while he naps to discover him playing quietly with a toy he has wiggled to. He gets around quite well now, but is not 'officially' crawling. His toys include various rattles, household items, blocks (wood and cloth) and balls. Sometimes I will sit Jonas in front of his basket of toys where he will play for quite awhile. He plays well alone. Sometimes very quietly and sometimes quite loudly.

Jonas no longer does the high pitched 'veloceraptor' sound. Its funny, because I remember the last time he did it. I am not sure if its because of this particular incident that he stopped or if it was by chance. Anyway, a few weeks ago I was shopping, browsing through some books. Jonas was in the baby carrier and a few teenaged girls were flipping through magazines behind me when out of nowhere Jonas lets out his high pitched veloceraptor scream and the girls jumped and screamed, freaked right out, which in turn freaked Jonas out and I couldn't help but laugh to the point of tears and the girls began laughing. It was so funny and Jonas just looked so surprised and confused! I have never heard the sound again...