Motherhood


The most challenging yet fulfilling aspect of my life so far...


Tuesday, May 1, 2007

More Travels

Jonas and I just returned from a 2 week trip to the Kootenays. We flew via WestJet from Comox to Calgary to Kelowna, where my parents and sister greeted us in the airport and then drove us to Rossland. A big trip, but travel with Jonas is easy and he was totally fine on the plane.

Cousin Livia (5) was totally fascinated with Jonas and always wanted to hold him. Cousin Corbin (3) was very gentle and loved giving lots of kisses


We stayed at my parents place and spent our time visiting and enjoying the beautiful mountains and melting snow. I got to go on some nice walks, go swimming and work out while my family took turns bonding with the little guy.


Grandma spent alot of time playing and holding Jonas. Cousin Cameron (8) was also very gentle and was always wanting to feed Jonas a bottle of my milk; he even asked to help 'pump' the milk.

Jonas really started smiling and 'participating' in conversation during our visit. He also noticed and got into his little yellow lion which I hung from the top bunkbed for him to stare at and enjoy.


Livia couldn't get enough of holding Jonas




Grandpa and Jonas shared some nap time!



Ashleigh (my sister) and her three kids with Jonas

My brother, Soren, drove me back to the Okanagan where we visited my grandma (dads mom) and then went on to fly home.


Jonas and Mum and his Greatgrandma Johnstone


Uncle Soren

Soren and I ended up doing some work while I was visiting. We found a producer rep from the USA to represent our doc film at the Cannes market - more on that later. Right now we are settling back in and I am getting over a bad cold - hoping Jonas doesn't get it....

2 comments:

lisalou said...

I am glad all is well with you guys. You're all looking great.
Lot o' love to you!

Lady Smarmalade said...

Yikes! why do I always look so not like me in pictures?